Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin Seeds

Darn you people!!! I made a mad dash to the fruit market and picked up a pumpkin this evening.

For whatever reason, Matt didn't think that his batch needed anything but salt. So, for my batch, I tossed the seeds in olive oil, kosher salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.

As soon as they came out of the oven, Matt realized that mine were better than his, so we mixed them all together! Men!!!

After getting the guts off of the seeds, it was very easy. After I coated the seeds with our toppings, I baked them at 300 degrees for 45 mins. The house smelled great and now I feel like a baby pumpkin is growing in my stomach! Wah-Lah!

Here's a Halloween joke for ya:

Why did Mrs. Jack-o-Lantern leave Mr. Jack-o-Lantern?

Because he had a HALLOWEENIE (hollow weenie) :-)

No comments: