Thursday, January 3, 2008

Turkey Muffins

Here's the story with meatloaf. I don't like it! Well, I can eat it, but I would never request that someone make meatloaf. It's just not appealing to me. Matt, on the other hand, LOVES meatloaf. Whenever I ask what he'd like me to make, he usually asks for meatloaf.

Anyway, I came across this turkey muffin-meatloaf recipe today and decided to give it a whirl. I mean, it's basically mini-meatloaves, but so much better! Credit for this recipe goes to Luluk1102. I only made a few changes, based on what I had on hand.

Boy, were these meaty muffins sooooooo good! I ate 3 of them! Another plus is that they are relatively healthy. When I figured out the points, based on 12 muffins, they were about 2 Weight Watcher points each. Not too shabby! I will most definitely make these again. Another creative way to use turkey and throw a pretend mini-meatloaf into the mix!

My altered recipe is below!

MINI TURKEY MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound ground turkey
1 egg, beaten
1 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for topping
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 packet of Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
1 (heaping) teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400. Generously spray muffin pan with cooking spray.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix using hands until well blended. Using a large spoon, generously fill each muffin slot and sprinkle each muffin with additional Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 25 minutes or until a light crust has formed on each muffin.

(Makes 12 muffins)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I don't like meatloaf either...althogh I've never had it. I refuse. But these look pretty good!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

i've never had anything like this. it looks and sounds very good!

Carrie said...

Normally I don't like turkey but these actually look really good.