Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN BREAD

So, I decided to make a couple loaves of pumpkin bread to take into work. With doing Weight Watchers I don't make too many sweets. Having them around usually leads to me eating them, so I just don't tempt myself like that. Anyway, I took a loaf and Matt took a loaf. Everyone loved it. When I got home, Matt had only taken 3/4 of his loaf and saved some for us. I was so happy because I was dying to try it. This is seriously my favorite pumpkin bread. It's so moist, sweet and incredibly tasty. It's the perfect fall recipe.

CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN BREAD - (Cooking Light)

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups sugar (I only used 1.5 cups)
2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup fat-free vanilla pudding (I used fat-free vanilla yogurt)
4 large egg whites
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Cooking spray

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in chocolate chips.

Spoon batter into 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack, and remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.

Nutritional Information: Calories: 152 (30% from fat), Fat: 5g (sat 1.2g,mono 2.5g,poly 1.1g), Protein: 2g, Carbohydrate: 26.5g, Fiber: 1.1g, Cholesterol: 0.0mg, Iron: 1mg, Sodium: 137mg Calcium: 10mg

5 comments:

Ally said...

Yum! I'm totally adding chocolate chips to my next pumpkin bread, it looks divine!

Anonymous said...

This sounds great! I think I will have to make that this weekend. I never thought of looking at Cooking Light for a Pumpkin Bread.

Cate said...

This looks soo good, and healthier than my usual recipe!

Sylvie said...

Something I'll have to try!

j.d said...

this looks delish! i love pumpkin and choc baked goodies

another calorie slashing alternative i like to use is substituting apple sauce for oil at a 1 to 1 ratio (so 1 cup oil... use 1 cup applesauce instead).

my friends and i can't taste the difference... try it sometime if you are curious :)