Sunday, September 7, 2008

Low-Fat Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

LOW-FAT PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES


Okay, so this is my 10th week on Weight Watchers. I weighed in yesterday and I'm down 17.25 pounds so far! I'm so excited. Then, to top that, I ran my first 5K today. I've ran the distance a few times on the treadmill and was running it in 38:00. Then I practiced outside with my friend, Jenny, and we were running a 5K in about 34:00-35:00. Well, today at our first official race, I ran my 5K in 29:52 and Jenny ran hers in 29:51! WOW! I can't believe I came in under 30:00. I never saw that coming!

Now, on to the recipe! I had a major sweet tooth today and picked up some canned pumpkin at the store. I searched online and came across this recipe. It turned out really good and hit the spot. The cookies are really dense, so they are filling. They aren't super sweet, but they have great flavor and for a low-fat sweet treat, these are perfect. Best part is, the cookies are only 1 WW point each! Can't beat that!

LOW-FAT PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES (Michelle Jones)

INGREDIENTS:
1 c. pumpkin
2 egg whites, whipped
1 c. brown sugar, packed (I used half brown and half granulated)
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cloves
3 c. rolled oats
1 c. raisins (I omitted)

DIRECTIONS:
Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine pumpkin and egg whites. In a separate bowl combine sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, oats, and raisins (batter will be very dry at first). Mix ingredients together just until moistened.

Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, 2" apart. You can leave the cookies in the shape of a ball (the baked cookie will still be a ball) or flatten them out with the bottom of a glass before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Makes 30 cookies

Nutritional Information Per Cookie: Calories 81.8 / Fat 0.6 / Fiber 1.5

5 comments:

Elly said...

These cookies sound really good. I think I am going to give them a try soon. Yum! HUGE congrats on your weight loss and your 5k time. That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

CONGRTULATIONS! And wow these look AMAZING! I LOVE oatmeal cookies AND pumpkin! I'm starring these to make!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I am inspired! I've been on WW for about a month and hope that things continue to go well. Congrats on your weight loss and your 5k time... that's huge!! :)

Ally said...

I am so making these... like tomorrow. : ) Good job on the 5k!

Jenn and Neena Mae said...

Congrats on the weight loss--that's an awesome feat!

These cookies sound great and easy. I'm going to have to whip a batch up for the co-workers and hubby. :-)