Sunday, September 21, 2008

Roasted Garlic Zucchini

ROASTED GARLIC ZUCCHINI


I'm always looking for tasty ways to get in our veggies. This is a recipe I use on my broccoli, but I decided to give it a try with zucchini. It turned out excellent.

ROASTED GARLIC ZUCCHINI

INGREDIENTS:
2 large zucchini
lots of sliced garlic (I use 5-8 cloves, depending on their size)
lemon pepper, to taste
salt, to taste
crushed red pepper, to taste (optional)
a couple swirls of olive oil

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Clean the zucchini. Chop off the ends and discard them. Chop the zucchini into thin slices. Slice the garlic. Place the sliced garlic and zucchini on a baking sheet and add the remaining ingredients. Toss to coat.

Roast in the oven for approximately 15 mins, or until cooked through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!! Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog & have given you an E for Excellence award.

http://sweetteaintexas.wordpress.com/2008/09/22/yay-im-excellent/

Have a fabulous day!!!